Feedback! Do you remember the last time you went on that training course and you got the dreaded training course feedback form to complete before you left the building? Did it have questions which you were to score between say, 1 & 10, with 1 one being extremely poor to 10 being excellent? How objective is that as most of us are subjective in our thinking? For me say, if something was what I expected I might give it a 5 or 6 where you might give it 8. How much thought did you put into filling in that form and what good was it to the trainer?
The three questions which are important to me when I ask for feedback are:
- Did the event meet your expectations?
- What we could we have done better?
- What did we do really well?
If you are spending time this month reviewing your business in 2017 and looking forward to 2018 why not ask yourself the same questions?
- Did 2017 meet our expectations of profit, growth, customer satisfaction etc…?
- What could we have done better to set ourselves ahead of our competitors/ improved employee engagement etc…?
- What did we do really well and how can we continue to improve it to take our business to the next level in 2018?
The make the most out of this thought provoking process involve other stakeholders in your business – customers, employees, suppliers etc and make 2018 a fantastic year.
For an external perspective of your business for 2018 contact me today. I am offering 5 forward thinking businesses a massive 50% reduction in my fee for December to help you to achieve and surpass your 2018 objectives.